Jason M. Rubin has been a professional writer since 1985, when he graduated from the University of Massachusetts Amherst with a BA in Journalism. Since then, he has worked primarily as a copywriter in both client-side and agency settings, as well as pursuing freelance copywriting and journalism – and, of course, his own creative writing.
Since 2000, Jason has done award-winning* work as senior writer at Libretto Inc., a Boston-based strategic messaging firm. Prior to that, he worked at such respected organizations as WGBH, Deloitte & Touche, and Cabot Corporation. In his career, Jason has created websites, case statements, product brochures, white papers, direct mail packages, ads, articles, scripts, and speeches. He also has conceived names, themes, and taglines for companies, products, development campaigns, and special events.
In addition to his writing for Libretto and freelance clients, Jason’s work regularly appears in the following print and online vehicles:
- Progression Magazine – interviews, profiles, and CD reviews
- The Arts Fuse – articles and reviews
- Musicovation – blog posts
And has in the past appeared in:
- The Jewish Advocate – opinion and general-interest stories
- Powhaus Productions – music articles (now defunct)
- Insane Chicken – hot sauce reviews
Jason lives north of Boston, Massachusetts, where he cherishes his two incredible daughters. From 2008-2012, he was a board member and communications director for AIGA Boston, the local chapter of the national graphic arts association; from 2010-2014, he volunteered in various communications-related capacities for the Lewy Body Dementia Association. To learn more, check the FAQs page.
*Recent honors include:
- 2011: Two AIGA Boston BoNE (Best of New England) Awards
- 2007: Gold Award from the New England Direct Marketing Association